To maximize performance and reliability, all the motion is managed by computer that is separate from the Windows computer. This Multi-Processor design avoids the problems and instability systems using only Windows computer for all the system operations.
A dedicated system board, independent of the Windows system, continually monitors the control functions with multiple system watchdogs. In the event of a computer hardware or software “lock-up” the watchdogs switch off the amplifiers and put the control into an E-Stop condition.
During spindle operation, the Multi Check Safety board automatically locks out all functions related to the spindle: the tool changer, orientation arm and tool in/out. It intercepts control signals operating the devices, and only allows operation under the correct conditions.
- AMI 16 MBit Processor
- Intel Core Processor
- Up to 8GB RAM
- USB 2.0 Capabilities
- VGA and DVI Compliant
- Ethernet Compatible
- RS-232 Port
- Wireless Internet / Network
- RISC Processor Base Motion Control Board
- 16 kHz (62 Microsecond) servo loop update (32 times faster than the Legacy CNC)
- 40 microsecond I/O processing with up to 256 I/O signals
- Functionality up to 8 axes
- True ZERO following error contouring
- Encoder Failure Detection
- 3000 IPM rapid/feed rates (motor and ballscrew dependent)
- Proven Design with over 750,000 boards produced – time tested and very reliable
- Up to 192 digital I/O lines
- Buffered circuits for high performance driving capacity
- Multiple-source interrupt handling
- Keeps I/O output values and settings during reset
Finish problems and poor Resolver life can be traced down the standard helical coupler. As part of your DC upgrade system, we’ll provide you with a precision constant velocity coupler that improves your machine’s finish and greatly extends the life of the motor feedback.